Amnesia The Dark Descent PC Game Download For Free
Frictional Games released Amnesia The Dark Descent in 2010 for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. It was also available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016.
Amnesia, an adventure game similar to Frictional Games’ other games, is played in a first-person viewpoint. It retains the Penumbra-style physical object interaction, which allows for physics-based puzzles and interactions like opening doors or fixing machinery. The toggle is rarely used to operate in-game objects. The player must press the mouse button to open a door, then pull (or push) the mouse. This allows the player to stealthily peek through a door that is not yet open or slowly escape. However, it also increases the player’s feeling of helplessness as it is possible to push open a pull door when danger approaches from behind.
Daniel’s mental health must be monitored. Daniel’s mental health can be affected by being in darkness for too long, seeing unsettling events, staring at monsters, and other things that cause visual and auditory hallucinations. If there are no light sources available, Daniel can use tinderboxes or oil-burning lanterns to light candles in wall sconces, candelabras, and other lighting devices. The number of tinderboxes available and the oil they have is limited. Additionally, being in direct light makes it more evident to monsters. It is up to the player to balance how much time Daniel spends in shadow and light. Once Daniel has completed an objective or advanced the story, his sanity will be fully restored. You can also restore it by remaining in the shadows until Daniel passes away, but Daniel is exceptionally vulnerable to nearby monsters.
A monster will chase Daniel until it spots him. Daniel must flee if he is spotted. Amnesia doesn’t allow the player to access weapons. Daniel must locate hiding spots or barricade doors using rocks, chairs, and other obstacles. Monsters can tear down doors and kick obstacles out of their way. Once they spot their prey, they move very fast. You can hide Daniel in shadows if you wish, but this will cost your sanity. Monsters that lose sight of Daniel may search for him for a while but eventually will disappear. You can also pick up an object while being chased and throw it at the monster to stun it and give Daniel more distance temporarily.
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor:2.0Ghz – Low budget CPUs such as Celeron or Duron needs to be at about twice the CPU speed
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon X1000/GF 6 – Integrated graphics and very low-budget cards might not work.
- Storage: 3 GB
How to download and install The Game
- Click the button below to download. You will be taken to the download page.
- To complete your download, choose a mirror. To use a torrent download, you’ll first need to download UTorrent.
- After downloading is done, extract the file with a program such as WinRAR.
- Start the game setup in the extracted folder. Then, install the game.
- After the installation is completed, you can launch the game by using the shortcut on your desktop.
- Enjoy the game!